You know all
my secret places.
I look on,
absurd and vulnerable,
as you go through my drawers,
bits of finery,
examining all my secrets,
holding them up to the light,
caressing my flaws.
With your terrible mercy
I am healed.
Image: Venus de Milo with Drawers, Salvador Dali, 1936
And just so we don't take things too seriously, here is another edition of:
Top 10 Immature and Inappropriate Comments
10. The Trouble with Tribbles
9. Who’s getting in your drawers?
8. "The Less That You Wear, the More You Need Nair!"
7. Venus de Milo’s less famous sister, Trixie de pom pon girl
6. The Greeks are a swarthy race
5. That’s some bellybutton fuzz!
4. Venus Razor: worst ad campaign ever
3. If the Greeks had used fuzzy logic
2. The prosecution’s Exhibit A in the case of Aphrodite vs. the Acme Plastic Surgery Center
1. “Salvador, what did you do to your dolly?” his mother exclaimed.