Monday, October 25, 2010

Sunday Scribblings #238 - Curious

The Sunday Scribblings writing prompt 'Curious' made me think of The Olde Curiosity Shoppe, how curiosity killed the cat and how, for Alice, things got 'curiouser and curiouser.' Then, in a sutiably playful mood, I started thinking of things that made me curious, made me wonder:


Did you ever wonder
‘Bout when the world was new?
Or how to build a storm cloud
Using only frowns and dew?

And how do plants remember
To flower every spring
Do they consult a calendar?
Or tie a knot with string?

And what goes on inside that egg
Before the bird breaks free?
I’d use feathers, love and duct tape
If it was up to me

And Sun remembers every day
Just when to set and rise
What sort of watch does he possess
To carry through the skies?

So many curiosities
Are all around us here,
Some great and grand, some humble -
I wonder… don’t you, Dear?

No comments:

Post a Comment