Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beyond Fashionably Late

I do tend to be fashionably late, but I think this may be stretching the fabric of time-fashion, as this is written for the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads mini challenge for New Year's weekend.  Oh, here it is anyway.

Prime Poem:  In this poem all the form rules have to do with prime numbers.  There are 2 beats per foot, 5 feet per line (iambic pentameter), 7 lines and 3 rhymes, with the rhyme scheme as follows: a-b-a-c/c-a-b-a and the c/c indicates a rhyme within the line. 


Here is my example, which is inspired by the US presidential primaries, sort of.  And, I'll point out that my stress pattern in the final line is a bit wonky, but let's just pretend that's done on purpose for comic effect. 

The year: 2012, the dye is cast:
Election year insanity ensues.
Commercials come at us so hard and fast,
while candidates are slated for debate.
Their (lack of) reasoning leaves me aghast
Displayed attractively, but without clues
they make me think this year should be the last!

Image from Google images by zimbio.com

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness me- could they just go away?
    well said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think we need some def change...and not just a slogan...smiles.

      Delete
  2. I'm waiting for a "hero" to come along... and I don't see it in either party.

    ...and better late than never! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret - I'm with you! Thanks very much for the read.

    ReplyDelete