Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wounded






The gash you carelessly sliced 
lay open,
fresh and clean
glistening in the cold morning,
steam rising from my warm flesh.
Bright, viscous blood
pooling

No pain at first,
it was so sudden,
betrayal so sharp.
Later the ache started

Blood coagulated, dried
hard and thick over the wound
as it should.  But
you returned

You came again and again
and white ooze seeped out
as you kept at the flap
of skin
now hot, red 
infected

Because you won’t leave,
my Promethean suffering goes on

(image by mohzart)

6 comments:

  1. Now you stir up my ocd
    That oozing part got me
    Be just ewww to see
    The cat would have to flee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of rereading a Poe story now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat - Not a very fierce cat, but thanks for putting up with the pus!

    FrankandMary - Ah...cool. Thanks for reading :o)

    Kay - Thank you, and thanks for stopping by. I'll check out the 'garden'

    ReplyDelete
  4. man, vivid writing mary...ugh on the promethean pain as well..picking and picking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian - Thanks. You know I never met-a-four I didn't like! ;-)

    ReplyDelete