Monday, January 23, 2012

The Other Side


Begin
with flat shadows and deep whispers,
tumble through the mirror
till finally
you reach
the end
then spin around
look at your reflection
scoop up fistfuls of dark fear and
let go

This form is called Mirror Cinquain, which is defined by the following syllable count per line: 
 2/4/6/8/2-2/8/6/4/2.  Please follow this link: Imaginary Garden with Real Toads to check out more poetry  for their Open Link Monday.  And submit on of your own if it strikes your fancy!

Image from iheartchaos.com

11 comments:

  1. "Begin
    with flat shadows and deep whispers,
    tumble through the mirror..."

    Kind of eerie. Great wording, Mary. I like the "darker" side!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mary, I really like this! Tumble through the mirror--nice imagery. I've never tried the poetic form. I love the structure, so I think I'll give it try. Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise - it's kind of cool, and looks good center aligned too.

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of a matrix type feel
    Going to the other side also sounds like a scary ordeal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - the picture was from the Matrix. I was going to do Alice through the looking glass, but that seemed too obvious. You smart kitty!

      Delete
  4. Wonderfully above the margins of possibility.
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice..i like that last line s in particular...and the freedom found there..nicely done...

    ReplyDelete