Monday, January 3, 2011

Random Haikus

Ok, I have resolved to write more in 2011. I woke up early, unable to sleep and wrote a poem about progress and resolutions. At this point it's still crap though, so I won't put it on here yet, but I also have some Haikus of varying quality, with my favorite first. And without further ado I give you Haiku. Ok, that was lame, but anyway, here they are:


The Bowl of my life
Sits empty on the sideboard,
A decoration



Please won't you save me
From becoming one of those
Crazy cat ladies?


Counting syllables
Haiku is both easy math
And complex writing

6 comments:

  1. Your life seems empty
    But that's just an illusion
    Your cup overflows

    ReplyDelete
  2. good news to hear, glad to see you write Haikus.
    well penned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Eric, and it was just 'one of those days' I'm generally a pretty happy camper.

    Thanks for reading Jingle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. Mary. I'm the same way. I guess we have these days on occasion just to balance things out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, no one can be 'up' all the time. That being said, I hope this is a good day for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done. I even thought the "lame" intro was funny.

    ReplyDelete