Friday, April 3, 2015

Alarm

We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and a mystery.  -H.G. Wells

I dread the ticking of the clock,
it dogs my steps, it shreds my wits,
and stabs my life with each tick-tock.
I dread the ticking of the clock
it’s both a weapon and a lock.
that snips my future into bits.
I dread the ticking of the clock,
it dogs my steps and shreds my wits.


This is my poem for Day #3 of PAD.  I got the idea of writing a "machine poem" from Robert Brewer of Writer's Digest where he is providing a prompt each day of April. 

6 comments:

  1. Love this Triolet!! It beats with the ticking rhythm of a clock. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of Poe for some reason--always a good thing! And it's wonderful to live a life where the clock is not the master--it just takes so long to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just rock around the clock and step on it, break the thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. It dogs my steps as well! Love that line!

    ReplyDelete